We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting www.markhamfuneralservice.co.uk (our site) you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 2018 (the DPA) and the General Data Protection Regulation (the GDPR) we are the data controller.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
We will collect and process the following data about you:
• Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise.
It includes information you provide when you submit details through our contact form, place an order for services and when you report a problem with our site.
The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number.
• Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we will automatically collect the following information:
• technical information, including [the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet,] [your login information,] [browser type and version,] [time zone setting,] [browser plug-in types and versions,] [operating system and platform,] [OTHER];
• information about your visit, including [the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL),] [clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time),] [products you viewed or searched for'] [page response times,] [download errors,] [length of visits to certain pages,] [page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs),] [methods used to browse away from the page,] [OTHER] and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
• Information we receive from other sources. This is information we receive about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data if we intend to share those data internally and combine it with data collected on this site. We will also have told you for what purpose we will share and combine your data]. We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies). We will notify you when we receive information about you from them and the purposes for which we intend to use that information.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
• Information you give to us. We will use this information:
• to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information and services that you request from us;
• to provide you with information about other services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
• to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. We may contact you to ask for your consent or to renew your consent. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please let us know];
• to notify you about changes to our service; and
• to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
• Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
• to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
• to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
• to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
• as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
• to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you; and
• to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about services that may interest you or them.
• Information we receive from other sources. In our legitimate business interests, we may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive). We will inform you if we receive information about you from other sources.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
You agree that it is in our legitimate business interests to share your personal information with:
• Selected third parties including:
• [business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;]
• [advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. [We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we will provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience];]
• [analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site;]
• [credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.]
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
• In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
• If our business or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
• If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or terms and conditions of supply and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of our customers, or others as the case may be. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
HOW LONG WE STORE YOUR DATA
We will store your information for as long as it is necessary and legal to store it for the purposes for which it was collected.
You have the following rights in relation to your personal data:
• The right of access
• The right to correct your personal data
• The right to be forgotten
• The right to restrict processing
• The right to object to processing
• The right to data portability
• The right to withdraw consent
For further information on what these rights are please visit: https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/
You can contact us on email@example.com at any time to exercise any of these rights. Should you choose to exercise one or more of these rights, this may prevent us from providing some of the services which have previously provided to you. We will let you know if this is the case.
PLEASE NOTE: This document is COPYRIGHT of MARKHAM FUNERAL SERVICE LTD.
To download this policy as a PDF file please click here